Not a bad way to spend a work week. Looking out the VC window I see the canyon and the LaSal mountains beyond. Hikes or walks in the evening at my disposal. Sunset out the living room window from my house.
Had a blast helping in the VC and explaining to folks my favorite hikes…just like I would ask when I visit a park.
Top 5 this week:
5. Learning that you can get a pass to camp out on Murphy Point – only one spot allowed.
4. Making my first visit to Dead Horse Point enjoying a pot luck St. Pat’s dinner with the NPS & DH crews
3. Explaining to one gent that instead of $25 for this park entrance fee, he could spend $10 for a Senior Pass for the rest of his life and 1/2 off camping! Are you sure??? Yup!
2. Swearing in several Jr. Rangers and watching them beam when they get their badge.
1. Staring at the stahs! Wondrous stahs!